If you need to obtain a diagnostic (dataset) file for a Firepass
Note: If the FirePass Administrative Console is inaccessible, you can alternately download a dataset from the FirePass Maintenance Console. For more information, refer to SOL6009: Downloading a diagnostic dataset from the FirePass Maintenance Console.
- Log on to the FirePass Administrative Console.
- Navigate to the Device Management: Maintenance: Troubleshooting Tools page.
- In the F5 Support Diagnostic tool section, click on the Capture a new dataset link.
The screen refreshes, and displays a message that appears similar to the following example:
Processing new dataset… Please be patient….
Once the capture is complete, the screen refreshes again and displays the Troubleshooting Tools page.
Note: The capture make take several minutes to complete. Do not navigate away from the page.
- In the F5 Support Diagnostic tool section, click on the Download existing dataset link.
- When prompted by your browser, download the dataset to your workstation.