6 years, 1 month ago SpacejunkParticipant
If you are upgrading a standalone device you will need to schedule a time when you can take down your network as a reboot is required.
If you are upgrading an HA Pair, start the upgrade on the passive unit first
1. Backup your configuration and save to your desktop
2. Using your workstation browser, access the Downloads.f5.com site.
3. Locate the appropriate version image and hotfix.
4. Download the current version image iso, the latest hotfix ISO, and MD5 files to your local workstation.
Importing the Current version image ISO and the hotfix files to the BIG-IP system
5. Log in to the Configuration utility.
6. Navigate to System > Software Management.
7. Click the Image List tab.
8. Click Import.
9. Click Browse.
10. Navigate to the location on your local drive where the Image ISO and MD5 files reside.
After you have selected the image ISO and MD5 files, click Import.
11. Next Click the Hotfix List tab.
12. Click Import.
13. Click Browse.
14. Navigate to the location on your local drive where the hotfix ISO and MD5 files reside.
After you have selected the hotfix ISO and MD5 files, click Import.
Installing a hotfix image
15. Log in to the Configuration utility.
16. Navigate to System > Software Management.
17. Click the Hotfix List tab.
18. Select the check box for the hotfix image name you want to install.
19. Click Install.
20. From the Select Disk menu, select an available disk
21. From the Volume Set Name menu, select a volume set.
22. Click Install.
In the Installed Images section, the Install Status column displays the hotfix installation progress.
After the installation is complete, if you want to activate the boot location that contains the hotfix, use the Configuration utility and browse to System > Software Management > Boot Locations, and then click the boot location that contains the hotfix installation. Clicking the Activate button automatically reboots the system to the specified boot location.
If this is an HA Pair, verify your configuration is good and make device Active then follow same steps to upgrade your other device.
- This topic was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Spacejunk.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.