A poorly designed Network can cost you loss of productivity. If your network does not perform to todays expectations of instant data population and working internet your employees productivity will not be maximized.
First impressions are very important. if a person is considering doing business and needs to choose between two companies offering the same service. One company has an website that has not been updated in 8 years and shows its age. The other company has a new clean and responsive website that is easy to navigate. Which company will win the business? 99% of the time it will be the company with a modern website with easy to find information
You have 5 seconds to catch the eye of a visitor to your website and keep then on your site. First impressions of a website are based on:
First impressions of a website are based on:
- whether your website has a modern responsive design.
- If you site does not work on mobile devices, you are missing out on a huge market.
- Is your site easy to navigate?
- if I want to find your businesses location or hours of operation, can I easily navigate to it.
- Does your site have valuable, well-written content?
- does the content have miss spelling or incorrect grammar?
- Does it take several reads to figure out what you are writing about?
- Does your site have pictures and video?
- pictures say a thousand words.
- if you are a company selling a varienty of parts, a photo of a giant warehouse with row after row of shelves full of parts will sent a message to your customers that you are the company to go to for parts.
Think of your website as the face of your business for online users.
- a good website gives a business credibility
- Can locals find your website?
- locals are more likely to contact a local business if they have a website.
- statistics show that locals will have more trust in a business if they have a well designed and modern website.
What type of information should be found on your website:
- list of prices (very important) if you are an ecommerce store
- if you do not display prices of your products and require someone to call or visit your store to find the price, you will lose customers
- customers like to know what to expect.
- list of services offered.
- there is nothing more annoying than to do an internet search for a specific service, only to find that the businesses showing up in the search do not offer anything you are looking for.
- Don't make the potential customer guess what kind of services you offer.
- easy to find contact Information
- physical address
- driving directions
- gps coordinates
- If your business is hard to find, it should have a map and gps coordinates
- a quality Photograph of the business
- customer testimonials
- This will help reassure potential customers that you are a trustworthy business that provides good service.
- Links to social media profiles (helps with SEO and website ranking)